Author Topic: Christmas card  (Read 8836 times)

Offline MusicallyInspired

Re: Christmas card
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2015, 06:12:40 PM »
I posted my results with KQ2SCI with a screenshot of the SCI debug in the SCI Companion thread.
Brass Lantern Prop Competition

Online Collector

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2015, 06:28:00 PM »
Here you go.
KQII Remake Pic

Offline troflip

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2015, 06:40:18 PM »
I can repro now (with the version that I uploaded). It seems to be missing the class table or something... when I disassemble those scripts it can't resolve any class names or property names. Either it's something I fixed in the interim, or else it's a release-vs-debug build issue, which I am about to find out in a few minutes...

[edit:] yup, the Release build of Companion is messing things up.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 06:46:46 PM by troflip »
Check out my website: http://icefallgames.com
Groundhog Day Competition

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2015, 06:46:35 PM »
On the flip side, if I create a new SCI1.1 game and compile with Sierra Script, it runs fine.

Also, however, if I create a new SCI1.1 game and choose Sierra Script it doesn't actually have Sierra Script scripts. It's still in Studio style. I had to convert it back and forth to test Sierra Script compilation.

Offline troflip

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2015, 06:48:21 PM »
Also, however, if I create a new SCI1.1 game and choose Sierra Script it doesn't actually have Sierra Script scripts. It's still in Studio style. I had to convert it back and forth to test Sierra Script compilation.

Yup, I mentioned that in that other thread. I haven't finalized how that will work yet.

« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2015, 06:52:34 PM »
Oh, I'm sorry. I missed that.

I just tried KQ2SCI Sierra Script in ScummVM (had to compile another custom version from latest source that would detect SCI fangames) and it says:

Code: [Select]
ERROR: Script::identifyOffsets(): invalid block size in script 0!

Offline troflip

« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2015, 07:13:46 PM »
Yeah, the script resources it generates for SCI0 are bogus. Happens regardless of the syntax (Studio or Sierra). The string offsets are incorrect (that's one issue... there may be others, or it may all stem from that one issue).

[edit:] ugh, turning off compiler optimizations in VS fixes the issue. This is gonna be a pain to diagnose...
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 07:30:16 PM by troflip »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 23 queries.