Author Topic: PICEDIT 1.3 Milestone 1 released  (Read 10441 times)

Offline Collector

Re: PICEDIT 1.3 Milestone 1 released
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2011, 02:35:19 PM »
The menu bar does not always show in AGI games. It is the SCI0 games that always shows it. PicEdit was an AGI tool. That aside, I understand wanting to keep the AGI feel, but functionality is more important. It is a tool, after all. An always visible menu bar does make more sense.
KQII Remake Pic

Offline Raf

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2011, 03:51:25 AM »
A dither fill might be a bit tricky for AGI, but when I've added SCI0 support (which is something that is ongoing in the background), the SCI mode will have all the standard SCI0 fills. A dither fill in AGI would need to use diagonal lines of alternating colours, which is definitely possible but might generate a lot of data. A standard AGI fill, on the other hand, is about 3 bytes. But it does sound like a feature that people would like regardless of how much data it generates. I guess it might restrict games to being run on NAGI though.
We already do that kind of dithering, but in Photoshop, MS Paint, ... and then convert it with Vector :P If Picedit would offer the option to select two colours, then click the area to fill, it would actually be faster than how we do it now.

And yes, it results in NAGI-only games :P

Offline lance.ewing

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2011, 12:39:12 PM »
The menu bar does not always show in AGI games. It is the SCI0 games that always shows it. PicEdit was an AGI tool. That aside, I understand wanting to keep the AGI feel, but functionality is more important. It is a tool, after all. An always visible menu bar does make more sense.

By "menu bar" do you mean the menu/status combo bar? In SCI0 the menu seems to behave the same as in AGI, where there is a status bar most of the time, unless the menu has been activated, at which point it becomes the menu. I guess I could retain the status bar to continue to make it look like an AGI/SCI game and move only the menu into a proper windows style menu. I think I've convinced myself now to switch to a more modern menu system. It doesn't seem like there is anyone that will miss the current menu system too much.

(In AGI it appears to be possible to move the picture to the top of the screen and give more text lines at the bottom. I noticed that the KQ1 title screen does this)

Offline Collector

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2011, 01:04:00 PM »
Sorry, faulty memory about the menu bar. Still, most tools have the menu bar visible at all times.
KQII Remake Pic

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 24 queries.