Author Topic: AGI Wiki Is Broken  (Read 1180 times)

Offline AGKorson

AGI Wiki Is Broken
« on: December 14, 2023, 10:06:52 AM »
I was trying to upload a new version of WinAGI to the AGI wiki, and discovered it's broken. Something is wrong with the way it handles links to other pages.

Links that use a typical page/subpage hierarchy such as http://agiwiki.sierrahelp.com/index.php/Main_Page give a 'too many redirects' error, but if you format the link as http://agiwiki.sierrahelp.com/index.php?index=Main_Page then it loads fine. As far as I can tell, all internal links to other wiki pages are using the broken format. This makes it nearly impossible to navigate through the wiki.

As a workaround you can inspect the address of the page you want to go to then type the page in manually, adding the '?index=' syntax in place of the 'slash' syntax.

The SCI wiki has links that include the '?index=' format for the most part, so it navigates between pages without error. One exception I found is the 'Random page' link. It returns a page formatted in 'slash' syntax, but curiously, it doesn't give an error, it just dumps to the main page regardless of what the actual page address is.

Offline Collector

Re: AGI Wiki Is Broken
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2023, 07:10:07 PM »
Try it now.
KQII Remake Pic

Offline AGKorson

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2023, 07:56:51 PM »
It's working. Thanks!

Offline Collector

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2023, 09:04:25 PM »
I don't know how it happened, but the config file was pointing to the absolute script path instead of relative path. It should have never been set that way. I am surprised that it ever worked.
KQII Remake Pic

Offline doomlazer

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2023, 01:47:00 AM »
Possibly related, most of the game links on the Sierra SCI Release List page are redirecting to the main page now.

Offline Collector

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2023, 11:43:39 AM »
Yep. Same issue. Fixed
KQII Remake Pic

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 18 queries.