Author Topic: SCI Companion documentation  (Read 36888 times)

Offline Collector

Re: SCI Companion documentation
« Reply #75 on: November 13, 2015, 09:00:44 PM »
Which reminds me, I've seen plenty official rereleases of old games (TES Arena and Daggerfall come to mind, also SC2000) that outright include their own copy of DOSBox, so your startup frontend slash configuration utility might not even need to check if there's a DOSBox installation -- there's one right there.

Which I have done a number of those. In fact you might say that it is a forte of mine. I have even done it commercially. This is also integral with my NSIS publisher project if I can ever find time to get back to it.
KQII Remake Pic

Offline Kawa

« Reply #76 on: November 14, 2015, 03:35:31 AM »
Which I have done a number of those. In fact you might say that it is a forte of mine. I have even done it commercially. This is also integral with my NSIS publisher project if I can ever find time to get back to it.
And if you look in the stash to find and try my launcher, you'll see DOSBox right there on the way. :D

Offline troflip

« Reply #77 on: November 20, 2015, 12:17:29 PM »
I may have found a way to use more descriptive names, but still ensure compatibility. You can use the name property to assign the class's name in the resource. So from the game's point of view, the full name will never be seen.

e.g.

Code: [Select]
(class Room of Region
    (properties
        name "Rm"
        etc...
    )
)
Check out my website: http://icefallgames.com
Groundhog Day Competition

Offline OmerMor

« Reply #78 on: November 20, 2015, 03:00:41 PM »
That's ingenious!  ;)

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 24 queries.