Author Topic: What are we working on?  (Read 134928 times)

Offline Kawa

Re: What are we working on?
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2017, 11:12:01 AM »
I said I'd fix the volume. I could've done better, but at least it doesn't get so loud it clips, if the waveform is any indication: new full soundtrack recording

Offline troflip

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2017, 11:22:34 AM »
No doubt the first thing you'll notice is that Roger's hair is now blonde

Noooooooo!

This makes me want to do SQ4, SQ5, and SQ6 patches to turn his hair brown....
Check out my website: http://icefallgames.com
Groundhog Day Competition

Offline Kawa

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2017, 11:24:27 AM »
Consistency is king.

And Wendy is queen.

Offline MusicallyInspired

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2017, 06:19:35 PM »
I'm in the final stages of releasing a couple of fan patches (in a similar vein to the SQ1VGA 2.1 patch) for the AGI versions of Space Quest I and II.

Several enhancements and minor bug fixes have been made for both games, as well as the implementation of a few previously unused assets (mostly sound effects and animation loops). No doubt the first thing you'll notice is that Roger's hair is now blonde, and he is wearing his usual standardized uniform (white vest and pants, purple undershirt, black boots, grey badge/patch on left breast):

Interesting. I have an old fan patch for SQ1 that someone made where they changed Roger's hair, uniform, and such. I think there was one for SQ2 as well. I think they were called SQ2Eye or something. I don't remember much about it, never played with it really. I just download fanmade things and keep them for posterity. :) Nevertheless this looks cool.

PS: If anyone owns a copy of v1.0X of SQ1 and hooks me up the relevant logic file, I just might be able to reinsert the Ken Williams Easter egg that was removed in all subsequent versions of the game.

I've got you...

I said I'd fix the volume. I could've done better, but at least it doesn't get so loud it clips, if the waveform is any indication: new full soundtrack recording

This is quite nice! I love hearing new MT-32 tunes.

No doubt the first thing you'll notice is that Roger's hair is now blonde

Noooooooo!

You missed SQ1VGA. Of course, I've already got that covered with SQ1Retro (I should get back to that one of these days). Gave him brown hair and replaced his blue space suit with his grey and red flight suit.
Brass Lantern Prop Competition

Offline spiffythedog

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2017, 12:49:25 PM »
I've got you...
Thanks! Works perfectly.

Noooooooo!

Don't worry, I was always going to give people the option of retaining the original Roger graphics. ;D

Offline troflip

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2017, 09:47:38 PM »
Don't worry, I was always going to give people the option of retaining the original Roger graphics. ;D

Crisis averted!

I fixed the wiggle problem with the scaling, now it's pixel-perfect centered around the origin of the cel.
Check out my website: http://icefallgames.com
Groundhog Day Competition

Offline Collector

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2017, 10:57:42 PM »
Nice!
KQII Remake Pic

Offline MusicallyInspired

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2017, 11:11:30 PM »
Freaking cool and very attractive! It does look better than SCI1.1's scaling.
Brass Lantern Prop Competition

Offline Kawa

« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2017, 04:11:11 AM »
It's like making an SCI11-like game in AGS and enabling smooth scale. Of course it looks better when you don't actually use the color depth you seem to use.

In related but less annoying news, I've been considering how to implement semi-translucency. Brandon might recognize it, but I was thinking of a lookup table created with a lot of Match calls. There don't seem to be any free signal bits but I'm sure some other method could be used to say "this view should be rendered semi-translucently". And/or upside-down. Creating the LUT seems like quite a task so I'd probably not do it automatically when the palette changes, but rather on demand. Of course, if it's a 50% blend about half the table can probably be skipped, and the X=Y case most certainly.

Offline spiffythedog

« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2017, 06:27:53 AM »

Offline Kawa

« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2017, 11:19:01 AM »
I got bored again.

I wanted to add King's Quest, but that kinda depends on the presence of sideways loops for Graham. Gotta be consistent! fuck that noise let's have a wedding.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 11:59:53 AM by Kawa »

Offline Nicktatorship

« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2017, 01:08:33 AM »
So aside from working out what I want to do, I started poking around with python/SDL2 two nights ago, and made some babysteps on a reader of the Picture format. Not sure why I'm doing it, other than to stretch some old mental muscles, but it's.. alright? Top is the original, and bottom is what the prototype can do.

Most of what it does is create a list of draw commands (as a class) and populates the details of each command. Only the regular lines are drawn currently, which was to verify I had the right structure. In this case the draw is multiplying coordinates rather than mapping to 160x200 and doubling up from there.

It's not much, but it's kinda on this level.
---
Nick/Tarison/Nicktatorship
Aka "The Lost Planet" person

Offline Kawa

« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2017, 03:00:48 AM »
I was going to say that's more than I could probably manage, but then I realized I'm being a pessimistic shit. BRB trying to whip up an AGI PIC renderer.

Offline Nicktatorship

« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2017, 03:10:16 AM »
You can do it :) It's really just reading byte by byte, working out what draw command it's trying to do (yay agi wiki reference), storing the list of coordinates, and then firing off some line commands.

Now I'm kinda wondering if it would be possible to do an AGI-to-SCI0 convert for PICs, even if it would turn out awful.
---
Nick/Tarison/Nicktatorship
Aka "The Lost Planet" person

Offline Kawa

« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2017, 04:20:25 AM »
Well, that works well enough. If you only use absolute lines, and no pens or stairs.

Does the above refer to my attempts to render AGI screens, or to your idea of converting them to SCI? ;)

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder

Page created in 0.215 seconds with 23 queries.