Author Topic: SCI1.0 Template Game  (Read 3273 times)

Offline EricOakford

SCI1.0 Template Game
« on: January 28, 2019, 08:53:59 PM »
Here is my prototype of a SCI1.0 template game. It was built on top of Ms. Astro Chicken, believe it or not. That's because that game is really just a stripped down version of SQ4. With that, it was fairly simple to fully re-enable the icon bar and control panel.

Feel free to make additions, changes, and bug fixes. After all, that's why it's on Github in the first place.

My SCI templates
SCI0 SCI0.1 SCI1.0 SCI1.1
SCI2.1 planned

Offline EricOakford

Re: SCI1.0 Template Game
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2023, 11:36:13 AM »
So I've managed to do over the SCI1.0 template, using the interpreter and drivers from the Mixed-Up Fairy Tales demo. That game supports separate music and audio drivers, so GMBLAST is not needed.
Next step is to do an EGA version. The closest compatible interpreter and drivers are from the EGA version of Conquests of the Longbow. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to track that one down.
I know that MAKEP16 and MAKEV16 were the original tools used to convert the VGA graphics to EGA.
My SCI templates
SCI2.1 planned

Offline OmerMor

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2023, 02:45:18 PM »
Here are all the specialized EGA versions I own: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B5j-_ZMS8_UoUzAyVEg0NnZKUVE?resourcekey=0-0YAJ6GVxwOeQIn0RPOJ3nw&usp=share_link

You can find Conquests of the Longbow EGA in there as well.

Offline EricOakford

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2023, 11:39:46 PM »
Here are all the specialized EGA versions I own: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B5j-_ZMS8_UoUzAyVEg0NnZKUVE?resourcekey=0-0YAJ6GVxwOeQIn0RPOJ3nw&usp=share_link

You can find Conquests of the Longbow EGA in there as well.

Thanks. I'll be putting out an EGA version when I find the time to.
My SCI templates
SCI2.1 planned

Offline Collector

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2023, 10:36:48 AM »
I have a number of the EGA versions as well if you need any more.
KQII Remake Pic

Offline EricOakford

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2023, 08:01:44 PM »
It's done! The EGA version of the SCI1.0 template is now here! SCI0 views and pics are fully compatible, and SCICompanion's importer works better than Sierra's original tools. The script code between the EGA and VGA versions is identical - the game checks the video driver's capabilities, and sets the appropriate global colors.

I think this can replace the old SCI0 point-and-click template, since this is MUCH more elegantly designed. I've even been working to bring Circus Quest to the new engine as a proof of concept, but the code is a huge mess that I'll need to clean up. Good thing there's only four real rooms.
My SCI templates
SCI2.1 planned

Offline Kawa

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2023, 04:26:22 AM »
And you even get to edit grayscale cursors now.

Offline EricOakford

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2023, 08:09:02 AM »
And here it is, Circus Quest in SCI1.0!
My SCI templates
SCI2.1 planned

Offline EricOakford

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2023, 10:58:17 AM »
And now I've looked through the code for foreign versions, and added the control panel views for Spanish, French, German, and Italian languages, as well as code to switch between English and one of the other languages.
The standard fonts and INTERP.ERR for each language are included in their own directories.
I'll be adding the updated script code and views to the EGA version soon.
My SCI templates
SCI2.1 planned

Offline Collector

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2023, 09:17:23 PM »
I was going through the template games to add them to the version tool. Both the VGA and EGA versions fail to launch with the error:

"Can't find INTERP.ERRC:\"

Somehow the command prompt got added onto the file name so it does not recognize INTERP.ERR.
KQII Remake Pic

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 17 queries.