Author Topic: SCI Unlocked - Sierra's game engine running on Python3 + Raylib  (Read 302 times)

Offline deckarep

SCI Unlocked - Sierra's game engine running on Python3 + Raylib
« on: February 22, 2024, 02:18:51 AM »
Hello,

Just wanted to share some progress on the viability of SCI's runtime reimplemented in Python3. The YouTube link will have much more context and details on exactly what is happening. But I now have a good portion of code running rm110 on LSL1-VGA. There's lot of things that are not yet implemented but many things do work. The game is running at ~60FPS but so far isn't doing anything too taxing except for animated like 5 cast members, playing some layered audio tracks and unlike the original engine rendering everything each frame.

It will be a lot more work to get even a single game playable, let alone completable. But this has so many possibilities.

Give a careful listen to Ken's blabbing...

Offline MusicallyInspired

Re: SCI Unlocked - Sierra's game engine running on Python3 + Raylib
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2024, 11:30:51 AM »
Eyyyy I like what I see.
Brass Lantern Prop Competition

Offline robbo007

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2024, 05:15:06 PM »
I love the audio and music!!! Top blues solo... Amen!

Offline cosmicr

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2024, 10:40:47 PM »
Sounds like fun little hobby project - good luck!  ;)

I haven't watched the full video yet, but are you planning on open sourcing it?

Can you tell us more about the implementation? What does the transpiler convert to? I see at the end code to specific to LSL, does it re-write SCI bytecode to python?

Are you using the game specs found on the Wiki? Or other sources, such as SCUMMVM? Did you consider any libraries more python specific like PyGame(I'm aware it's an SDL wrapper)?

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 17 queries.