Author Topic: SCI Companion V3 - alpha build notes/bugs/feature requests  (Read 287816 times)

Offline Cloudee1

Re: SCI Companion V3 - alpha build notes/bugs/feature requests
« Reply #75 on: June 16, 2015, 12:52:31 PM »
That was enough to get me there. I hadn't noticed that in the status bar area.

But the scenario, is that importing agi/sci0, the pic palette is generated. Copy and pasting the view images, the palette comes as close as is defined in 999 without embedding the pic palette instead which I don't really want to do if I don't have to. The blues used in 999 aren't blues used in sci0. I needed to add the blues to the 999 palette, but I wasn't sure which blue and in which position I was looking at in the picture resource. The status bar tells me though, position and rgb. I needed to match up the positions so that the pic resource didn't default the colors to something unexpected.

Halloween Competition Brass Lantern Prop Competition Groundhog Day Competition

Offline MusicallyInspired

« Reply #76 on: June 16, 2015, 02:32:39 PM »
Small bug report. When working with multiple views in their own view editors and switching back and forth, the highlighted selected colours (for left and right click) in the palette of one View editor stays highlighted when switching to other View editors even if those aren't the selected colours in the other editors. The colours that persist follow the last colours that were clicked in a palette. It shows the proper selected colours in the boxes beneath the palette, just not the right highlighted colours in the palette.
Brass Lantern Prop Competition

Offline troflip

« Reply #77 on: June 16, 2015, 03:37:00 PM »
New version of SCI Companion uploaded (3.0.0.4) with support for aspect ratio. Today's release notes in the first post of this thread.

But the scenario, is that importing agi/sci0, the pic palette is generated. Copy and pasting the view images, the palette comes as close as is defined in 999 without embedding the pic palette instead which I don't really want to do if I don't

Can you just set your global palette to have the 16 EGA colors (instead of the 64 colors) and be done with it? Although I guess that might cause some problems with the rest of the template game where text and UI are displayed.

Small bug report. When working with multiple views in their own view editors and switching back and forth, the highlighted selected colours (for left and right click) in the palette of one View editor stays highlighted when switching to other View editors even if those aren't the selected colours in the other editors.

Now fixed in the new version.
Check out my website: http://icefallgames.com
Groundhog Day Competition

Offline Cloudee1

« Reply #78 on: June 16, 2015, 04:02:04 PM »
When adding new loop or cel, the newly added loop or cel does not get focus. It used to in the original scicompanion and apparently I am set in my ways  :P

Offline Collector

« Reply #79 on: June 16, 2015, 04:23:51 PM »
I could see being able to click on a point on the pic and having the color at that point be the selected color to apply elsewhere in the pic would be handy, but that is a standard feature in most graphics programs. What you already have should be sufficient if all you need is to know the value.
KQII Remake Pic

Offline Cloudee1

« Reply #80 on: June 16, 2015, 06:10:38 PM »
Can you just set your global palette to have the 16 EGA colors (instead of the 64 colors) and be done with it? Although I guess that might cause some problems with the rest of the template game where text and UI are displayed.

I have gone ahead and added the 16 colors to the 999 palette. It will take a bit of work to re-import the pics and the views, but it seems like a better idea at this point to go ahead and get that taken care of going forward. I don't know if anyone else wants it but I have attached the pal file here. If you are planning to convert any of your current projects over, this may come in very handy.

Offline troflip

« Reply #81 on: June 16, 2015, 06:29:47 PM »
Also, in order for UI to show up correctly, you can probably adjust the values in the globalpalettes.sc file (it may very well already be fine)

In fact, it looks like almost all of them are unused. I think only global151, gLowLightColor and global159 are used in the template game. I'll remove the rest from the template game. And I'll rename the file/procedure SetGlobalColors or SetFixedColors or something, to more accurately represent what I think this is.

Offline Cloudee1

« Reply #82 on: June 16, 2015, 06:38:46 PM »
Also, on a similar note to cels and loops not getting focus. When deleting or cropping in the pic editor, companion loses the position that it was at.

Offline Cloudee1

« Reply #83 on: June 16, 2015, 09:48:15 PM »
Don't forget to add the poly variables to the sci.sh file.

Code: [Select]
//*************************************
// Polygon Types
//*************************************
 (define POLY_TOTAL_ACCESS      0)
 (define POLY_NEAREST_ACCESS    1)
 (define POLY_BARRED_ACCESS     2)
 (define POLY_CONTAINED_ACCESS  3)
//************************************

Offline troflip

« Reply #84 on: June 16, 2015, 10:03:28 PM »
The polygon def'ns have been in the header for a few iterations of SCI Companion now...

Code: [Select]
// Polygon types
(define PTotalAccess 0)
(define PNearestAccess 1)
(define PBarredAccess 2)
(define PContainedAccess 3)

Offline Cloudee1

« Reply #85 on: June 16, 2015, 10:21:56 PM »
Ah, I used the defines that I listed. No wonder it would fail every new iteration  ;)

*Edit
Ok, my scripts are all squared away and we are on the same page now.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 10:30:11 PM by Cloudee1 »

« Reply #86 on: June 16, 2015, 10:23:46 PM »
I've discovered that it's not just deleting scripts that's a problem but other resources as well. I tried deleting an extraneous MSG and it keeps popping back, even though it's not there, and points to the next resource instead when you try to open it.

Offline troflip

« Reply #87 on: June 16, 2015, 10:59:39 PM »
I've discovered that it's not just deleting scripts that's a problem but other resources as well. I tried deleting an extraneous MSG and it keeps popping back, even though it's not there, and points to the next resource instead when you try to open it.

I'm not able to reproduce this issue. If you create a new game, create a new message resource, save some stuff into it, then delete it, does it happen?

« Reply #88 on: June 16, 2015, 11:36:14 PM »
And rebuild resources. I had to recreate it to get the numbers to point to the proper resources again.

Offline troflip

« Reply #89 on: June 16, 2015, 11:50:21 PM »
I'm still not seeing this. Can you provide clear repro steps from creating a new game? (including which resource number you're using, etc..)

Also, when it's in this state, can you dump the resource map and attach it here? (The files that appear when you do Game->Version detector->View resource map)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 11:58:06 PM by troflip »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder

Page created in 0.187 seconds with 24 queries.