Author Topic: SCI Companion V3 - alpha build notes/bugs/feature requests  (Read 395765 times)

Offline troflip

Re: SCI Companion V3 - alpha build notes/bugs/feature requests
« Reply #615 on: February 22, 2016, 12:55:03 PM »
As long as you adhere to the syntax exactly, it shouldn't be a problem. There are more constraints in the syntax because, while they are just regular header files, the message editor doesn't use the compiler parser to read them when it loads them (partially due to performance issues, and partially due to needing to parse the comments in addition to the code - for instance to disambiguate nouns and cases, which are in the same file). But if you generate them correctly, it shouldn't be a problem.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 05:00:42 PM by troflip »
Check out my website: http://icefallgames.com
Groundhog Day Competition

Offline gumby

« Reply #616 on: February 22, 2016, 04:50:10 PM »
Thank, that's what I figured but it doesn't hurt to ask.
In the Great Underground Empire (Zork port in development)
Winter Break 2012 Rope Prop Competition

Offline MusicallyInspired

« Reply #617 on: February 24, 2016, 04:24:48 PM »
Can I request a way to export 65535.map as a patch file? I can't seem to find a way to locate it in the resources. I'm guessing it's the kind of thing that remains hidden and works behind the scenes. It would aid in my ideas for Sierra game patches.
Brass Lantern Prop Competition

Offline Kawa

« Reply #618 on: February 24, 2016, 04:49:16 PM »
I know SCI2 isn't really supported, but a great many of the views in Larry 6 are interestingly broken. A quick look at SQ6 and KQ7 shows they're both working fine. As one example, here's the handcuffs as seen in SV and in Companion, and the actual view as a case study.

Offline troflip

« Reply #619 on: February 24, 2016, 05:46:55 PM »
I know SCI2 isn't really supported, but a great many of the views in Larry 6 are interestingly broken. A quick look at SQ6 and KQ7 shows they're both working fine. As one example, here's the handcuffs as seen in SV and in Companion, and the actual view as a case study.

I guess that's the hi-res version of LSL6? I don't think I ever tested that, as I don't have it. Thanks for the bug report!

Offline troflip

« Reply #620 on: February 24, 2016, 05:50:52 PM »
Can I request a way to export 65535.map as a patch file? I can't seem to find a way to locate it in the resources. I'm guessing it's the kind of thing that remains hidden and works behind the scenes. It would aid in my ideas for Sierra game patches.

I guess I could list them in another tab view (with appropriate warnings if someone tries to delete one), then you could do all the normal things with them.

What happens if you try "extract all resources"? Does it output map files? I forget.

Offline Kawa

« Reply #621 on: February 24, 2016, 06:17:38 PM »
I guess that's the hi-res version of LSL6? I don't think I ever tested that, as I don't have it. Thanks for the bug report!
Tis indeed the hi-res version, and I totally understand you not having it -- it was quite difficult to get a copy!

Offline Collector

« Reply #622 on: February 24, 2016, 07:03:55 PM »

Let me know if you need any files from it. Then again it is not that hard to find it. Besides the stand alone versions it was in the collections past the Hits and Misses.
KQII Remake Pic

Offline lskovlun

« Reply #623 on: February 25, 2016, 02:55:40 AM »
Tis indeed the hi-res version, and I totally understand you not having it -- it was quite difficult to get a copy!
Was. It's now om GOG; I got it because I had to help someone around these parts with something. :-)

« Reply #624 on: February 25, 2016, 11:51:29 AM »
What happens if you try "extract all resources"? Does it output map files? I forget.

No, unfortunately it doesn't.

Offline troflip

« Reply #625 on: February 27, 2016, 04:05:26 PM »

No, unfortunately it doesn't.

Well, if you're adding any audio, then the audiocache folder should be generated, and you'll find the map files in there.

« Reply #626 on: February 27, 2016, 04:56:25 PM »
Ah, of course. Thank you.

Offline Collector

« Reply #627 on: March 31, 2016, 11:14:09 PM »
I noticed that the aspect ratio preference is stored in the registry. It might make more sense to store this on a per game basis. If you want to work on an existing Sierra game the aspect ratio should be on to have the graphics displayed as they were intended with aspect correction on, but for new games it should be for however the developer intended. Aspect off would, of course, allow the developer to make his graphics more wide screen friendly.  If this setting was stored in the game.ini it would be on a per game basis. The registry setting could remain as the the default. I would think that this change should not be that hard nor be likely to break anything.

If it was in the game.ini I could also add reading this game info to both the NSIS Publisher and SEQTool plugins to have them automatically switch the aspect ratio setting to match the current project.
KQII Remake Pic

Offline Kawa

« Reply #628 on: April 01, 2016, 04:26:13 AM »
Throw my two cents in,  I could add an aspect checkbox to SCILauncher. Which would probably involve manipulating the dosbox.conf that comes with it, but I already have a cross-platform solution for that.

Offline troflip

« Reply #629 on: April 01, 2016, 08:57:50 AM »
Yeah, that makes sense.

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 23 queries.