Author Topic: Decompilation Archive  (Read 76790 times)

Offline Collector

Re: Decompilation Archive
« Reply #150 on: August 02, 2021, 09:39:51 PM »
Oh and I didn't mean I would handle the decompilation. I meant I would handle my disappointment.  :D I'm not qualified to translate all that disassembly.

LOL, I took it exactly the way you meant it. It didn't even occur to me any other way, but then disassembly is well over my head as well. Pity, since it would be nice if there were more than just one person doing it. I am very grateful for EricOakford's efforts.
KQII Remake Pic

Offline MusicallyInspired

« Reply #151 on: August 02, 2021, 11:49:20 PM »
Me as well!
Brass Lantern Prop Competition

Offline lskovlun

« Reply #152 on: August 07, 2021, 12:41:11 PM »
It still amuses me that they basically rewrote the whole damn game, and still left the "poisonous snake" line.
They did this because even Guybrush Threepwood thinks snakes are poisonous. And he's a mighty pirate.

Offline Kawa

« Reply #153 on: August 07, 2021, 07:04:00 PM »
They... didn't correct the line in a remake of a game that is not the first in its series to have poisonous snakes in... because a rival company's game also has poisonous snakes in, and a well-known jab at how Sierra games want you to die.

Makes perfect sense, and you are not ATMachine.

(also, Guybrush wants to be a mighty pirate but never actually brought back proof of his completing the trials so technically...)

Offline EricOakford

« Reply #154 on: August 20, 2021, 04:38:40 PM »
Okay, now I've been going through the code and adding comments to them, mostly in the Main script. These comments are meant to show what each global variable, procedure, and method does. So far, I have managed to do this with LSL2, LSL3, SQ3, the demos for HQ1 and Iceman, and the Fun Seeker's Guide.

And I've also been cleaning it up and making it look well-organized.
My SCI templates
SCI0 SCI0.1 SCI1.0 SCI1.1
SCI2.1 planned

Offline Aroenai

« Reply #155 on: October 04, 2021, 10:38:04 AM »
Yeah, one of my ground rules is that I only do the newest versions of games, since they tend to be the most stable and available.

Maybe one idea is to reinstate the text dialog back into the CD version. Frankly, I don't care for the voice acting, and a No Dead-Ends mod would require additional lines not covered by the existing voice clips.

I have posted what's been done here. There's lots to be done!

As a side-note, I have ordered the NES version of KQ5 on eBay. I plan to dump it to a ROM and check for any new text which could be implemented in a possible mod.

In that case, you may want to find a copy of the 2 disc King's Quest 15th Anniversary Collector's Edition (1994) since it includes the dual-language KQ5 French floppy disk release that came out after the CD audio version. It retains the original Roland MT-32 midi tracks instead of recordings like the CD version and added digital audio effects present in the CD version that were never included in the original floppy disk release. The code would be more similar to the CD version at least.

« Reply #156 on: October 04, 2021, 04:19:44 PM »
Oooooo

Offline Kawa

« Reply #157 on: October 04, 2021, 05:41:20 PM »
Earlier, I caught my sleep-addled mind thinking of an SCI11 port of KQ5. With bugfixes, quality tweaks, and redone voices.

« Reply #158 on: October 04, 2021, 08:46:12 PM »
First things' first. We need a voiced SQ5.  ;D

Offline doomlazer

« Reply #159 on: October 04, 2021, 09:37:12 PM »
Has anyone tried training an AI text-to-speech model on the narrator or Wilco? They are getting surprising results these days.

Offline Collector

« Reply #160 on: October 04, 2021, 10:11:18 PM »

Hear, hear!
KQII Remake Pic

Offline Collector

« Reply #161 on: October 04, 2021, 10:17:23 PM »
Has anyone tried training an AI text-to-speech model on the narrator or Wilco? They are getting surprising results these days.

Sort of what Gumby's SCI Narrate was about.
KQII Remake Pic

« Reply #162 on: October 04, 2021, 11:13:25 PM »
Yeah, Gary Owens has a humongous body of work that could be catalogued for AI.

Offline Collector

« Reply #163 on: October 04, 2021, 11:28:09 PM »
I was wondering about how to handle the need for Owens for such a project.
KQII Remake Pic

Offline Kawa

« Reply #164 on: October 05, 2021, 07:11:57 AM »
Literally one of the first things I tried when Companion got the required features.

Edit: I just did it again just to make sure of things. Text and Speech mode work fine, but as I once wrote about on my blog, Both is a bugged-out mess.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2021, 07:41:27 AM by Kawa »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 23 queries.