Author Topic: QT AGIStudio update  (Read 7015 times)

Offline cromer

QT AGIStudio update
« on: May 09, 2019, 07:56:13 PM »
Hello guys, I was trying to get a 64 bit binary of QT AGIStudio working and found that the code for it doesn't compile under GCC 7. Not surprising since the project hasn't had any updates since 2012. So I forked the project and updated the code, it now compiles under GCC 7 and has a working 64 bit binary. You can find the forked QT AGIStudio here: https://git.cromer.cl/cromer/qt-agistudio/releases

I also uploaded a prebuilt 64bit binary to the release which was built under linux mint 19. The prebuilt binary should work for Debian and Ubuntu as well, but I haven't really tested it out on other distros. However if the prebuilt binary doesn't work it should just be a matter of compiling it now that it works with GCC 7.

This should help out considering that newer distros have started dropping 32 bit, so naturally a 64bit version is needed.

Chris Cromer

Offline Collector

Re: QT AGIStudio update
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2019, 04:38:56 PM »
Since I am not currently running Linux I cannot try it out, but it is good to see updated AGI IDEs being released. I have added a link to your fork on the QT AGI Studio entry on the Wiki.
KQII Remake Pic

Offline Scavenger

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2019, 09:51:10 PM »
Thank you so much for this! I've been having trouble compiling QT AGI Studio, and this is a godsend. I had to change a line in logedit.cpp because my netbook has a vertical resolution of 600 pixels and it was making the logic editor bug out because it's minimum text editor size was 600 pixels. But this works perfectly, and I'm stoked to make agi games on the go!

Offline cromer

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2019, 06:27:54 PM »
Thank you so much for this! I've been having trouble compiling QT AGI Studio, and this is a godsend. I had to change a line in logedit.cpp because my netbook has a vertical resolution of 600 pixels and it was making the logic editor bug out because it's minimum text editor size was 600 pixels. But this works perfectly, and I'm stoked to make agi games on the go!
Glad to hear some good use has come out of it. Did you compile it for x86, x86_64, arm, or some other architecture?
Chris Cromer

Offline MusicallyInspired

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2020, 07:51:29 PM »
Bit of a necrobump, but will this compile for Win32 (or Win64 now I guess) natively? I know that there has been a Win32 port in the past but I don't know if that's a part of the source or if it was a separate fork or what.
Brass Lantern Prop Competition

Offline cromer

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2020, 11:45:35 AM »
Bit of a necrobump, but will this compile for Win32 (or Win64 now I guess) natively? I know that there has been a Win32 port in the past but I don't know if that's a part of the source or if it was a separate fork or what.
The win32 code and stuff is still present from what I can see. However I have not touched it at all, whether or not it builds, I have no clue at all. In the original readme from before I update it states that windows has not been tested for a long time, they didn't mention if it works or not.
Chris Cromer

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2020, 04:23:09 PM »
I ask because I still have a Windows build from version 1.0 but I want the advancements as there are some bugs in the View editor where changes don't update unless you switch cels/loops forward and back. Not that WinAGI isn't wonderful, or AGI Studio for that matter, but I really like QT's feature of showing the draw commands of a Picture in byte form with commented descriptions of each command. WinAGI shows the actual coordinates of each command, but it's been really helpful for my AGI2HD tool for identifying each byte command.

Offline cromer

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2020, 10:32:18 PM »
I ask because I still have a Windows build from version 1.0 but I want the advancements as there are some bugs in the View editor where changes don't update unless you switch cels/loops forward and back. Not that WinAGI isn't wonderful, or AGI Studio for that matter, but I really like QT's feature of showing the draw commands of a Picture in byte form with commented descriptions of each command. WinAGI shows the actual coordinates of each command, but it's been really helpful for my AGI2HD tool for identifying each byte command.
I decided to try to build it for windows.
I built it from my linux box using mingw cross compile. The makefile that is generated by qmake doesn't work, so I had to modify the Makefile by hand to get it to build. I built both a 32bit and 64bit version for windows and was able to get them both to run under wine. If wine can run it, I assume windows can too, but I need somebody to test that since I don't use windows myself.

The new windows binaries are included now on the release page: https://git.cromer.cl/cromer/qt-agistudio/releases
I also put the custom Makefiles in the zip for people that want to try to build it themselves using mingw.
Chris Cromer

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2020, 12:45:00 AM »
Very kind! Thanks so much for this! The Win64 build seems to run fine, though it still has the issue of floodfill commands not updating visually in the View editor until you swap back and forth between a cel or a loop. That's either a longstanding bug or a quirk during compiling to win32/64.

The Pic editor also has a new issue where the whole area where the Pic is displayed whites out completely when you change the zoom level and this message appears in the console:
QPainter::begin: A paint device can only be painted by one painter at a time.
Clicking on any button that would change the image inside the Pic display area draws it back on the screen though. Little quirks that are understandable I guess considering it wasn't meant for Windows in the first place.

However, the Win32 build gives me a bunch of errors (one at a time) complaining that
The procedure entry point __gxx_personality_sj0 could not be
located in the dynamic link library

and lists these files:

QtCore4.dll
QtSql4.dll
QtNetwork4.dll
QtGui4.dll

« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 01:02:57 AM by MusicallyInspired »

Offline cromer

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2020, 02:08:30 PM »
The Win64 build seems to run fine, though it still has the issue of floodfill commands not updating visually in the View editor until you swap back and forth between a cel or a loop. That's either a longstanding bug or a quirk during compiling to win32/64.
Looks like a longstanding bug. This problem seems to also happen under linux. I guess no one ever reported it before. I will try to take a look and see if I can fix it.

The Pic editor also has a new issue where the whole area where the Pic is displayed whites out completely when you change the zoom level and this message appears in the console:
I think this is the same as the fill bug for views. Will look at it too.

However, the Win32 build gives me a bunch of errors (one at a time) complaining that
The procedure entry point __gxx_personality_sj0 could not be
located in the dynamic link library

and lists these files:

QtCore4.dll
QtSql4.dll
QtNetwork4.dll
QtGui4.dll

I uploaded a new 32bit and 64bit set of binaries. I included better dynamic libraries and connected a few libraries statically. They both still run under wine, but need to be tested under windows.
Chris Cromer

Offline cromer

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2020, 03:48:43 PM »
I just released 1.3.2: https://git.cromer.cl/cromer/qt-agistudio/releases

It fixes the view editor fill error, and the pic editor zoom buttons, and it has some fixes to get win32 builds working correctly.

Because of the fact that these errors are general and don't just effect 64 bit builds I also built a linux 32bit binary as well for those that want the bug fixes but don't have 64 bit linux yet.

I don't know if there are any other issues since I had not had any bug reports before now.
Chris Cromer

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2020, 04:22:02 PM »
Excellent! I'll try these out later! :)

EDIT: Both work wonderfully!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 05:29:23 PM by MusicallyInspired »

Offline Collector

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2020, 08:47:03 PM »
Have to add these to the Wiki.
KQII Remake Pic

Offline cromer

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2020, 12:04:55 AM »
Excellent! I'll try these out later! :)

EDIT: Both work wonderfully!
Great to hear. If you see any more bugs let me know.

I also just uploaded a debian packaged version of 1.3.2 for easy installation.
Chris Cromer

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 22 queries.