Author Topic: SQ3: Where is "Where am I?"?  (Read 8723 times)

Offline Kawa

Re: SQ3: Where is "Where am I?"?
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2021, 04:51:00 PM »
Last I checked LZW encoding compression only applied to the resources when stored in a resource volume, not to loose files?

Offline gumby

« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2021, 09:25:09 AM »
Hrm.  I wonder why I needed it for ExtractWave - maybe that utility pulls data out of a resource file instead of a patch file.  I'll have to take a closer look.
In the Great Underground Empire (Zork port in development)
Winter Break 2012 Rope Prop Competition

Offline Kawa

« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2021, 03:33:23 PM »
...or really any compression at all, besides some basic RLE on views and I think non-vector background images.

Offline Collector

« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2021, 02:42:56 PM »
Hey Gumby, have you made any progress? I have been cleaning up the old code for the GUI to make it easier to make any needed changes, so no rush. Just curious if you have had a chance to look into it more.
KQII Remake Pic

Offline gumby

« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2021, 10:34:11 AM »
No, not yet. When I find some free time I'll look more into it.
In the Great Underground Empire (Zork port in development)
Winter Break 2012 Rope Prop Competition

Offline Collector

« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2021, 04:32:45 PM »
I understand all to well about the lack of time. I am mostly finished with cleaning up the old code.It no longer uses the Registry to store settings. All settings are now XML based. I fixed some ambiguous variables with all camel/lower casings. I've weeded out most of the VB garbage that was a carry over from the original porting from starting it in VB.net. Some awkward methods with a more straight forward ones. It is much more readable code, now and I am ready to make what modifications are needed to build in Unicode support.

I guess I'll shelve it for the time being until You have had a chance to determine if you are willing or can take it on before I implement any kludgy workarounds. Even so, I'll still need to use workarounds for no Unicode support in SoX.
KQII Remake Pic

Offline Kawa

« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2021, 08:57:26 AM »
I am ready to make what modifications are needed to build in Unicode support.
If it's .Net, you basically already have Unicode support.

Offline Collector

« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2021, 09:04:46 PM »
But AddWav is not. The program is mostly just a GUI for existing programs. All I can do with the NRS version is to come up with workarounds such as copying/renaming Unicode files to ASCII names to use with AddWav and then renaming them back to the Unicode name. I can do that, but would prefer a version of AddWav that I could throw any file at it without resorting to such workarounds.
KQII Remake Pic

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 24 queries.