Author Topic: SCI32 Templates  (Read 10098 times)

Offline pmkelly

Re: SCI32 Templates
« Reply #60 on: April 17, 2022, 06:09:05 AM »
Have you been able to build this yet by any chance?
This is the SCI16 interpreter code and system scripts, and LSCI system scripts but no interpreter. There is source code for the video drivers and such though, which includes a cel renderer that takes remap tables (cluts).

So for me, the answer is "most of it, yes".

What compiler/toolchain do you use?

Offline Collector

« Reply #61 on: April 17, 2022, 07:37:17 AM »
Here is the interpreter and some system stuff.

Have you been able to build this yet by any chance?

I haven't tried. It is used for the development of the INN Barn project. There is more, but there is personal stuff included and promised to not release anything with that.
KQII Remake Pic

Offline Kawa

« Reply #62 on: April 17, 2022, 02:25:38 PM »
What compiler/toolchain do you use?
For the stuff in the SCI16 folder, I use a very specific old version of Microsoft's C compiler (CL 8.00c), combined with a slightly newer version of their assembler (ML 6.11). Both of these, just the files needed to compile SCI16, are included in the SCI11+ source tree because IDGAF, along with the make (PolyMake 3.3) that came with SCI16.

Offline Dhel

« Reply #63 on: April 17, 2022, 08:55:08 PM »
Anyone have the oem tool WinVE?

I ask because I have not see it referenced or listed here so I am not sure if it is available or even known of.

Its the only official Sierra windows version of view editor that I am away of, and it seems it might be compatible some where up to sci2.1.  It seems to be a native win95 program so my testing has only been a little use on windows xp.

It does not work with the views that I am working on, so I am not sure exactly where compatibility lies, and I have not really tested it on anything else. But there is evidence that it was being used to edit LSL6 views in 640x480 mode.

Not sure if anyone is familiar or knows a little more details about it and it's capabilities?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2022, 01:14:47 PM by Kawa »

Offline Dhel

Offline Collector

« Reply #65 on: April 18, 2022, 05:37:27 PM »
That does not seem to be included with the in-house tools that Omer posted. On a side note, this 16-bit program will run via WineVDM.
KQII Remake Pic

Offline Dhel

« Reply #66 on: December 31, 2022, 07:48:55 PM »
That does not seem to be included with the in-house tools that Omer posted. On a side note, this 16-bit program will run via WineVDM.

Thanks for the tip on WineVDM, this will be very helpful. I have also learned that this has full support for sci view files around 1995 - 1996 and even supports link points. In WVE they are referred to as registration points.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2022, 08:14:23 PM by Dhel »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 23 queries.