Author Topic: Betrayed Alliance (in development)  (Read 8253 times)

Offline Doan Sephim

Betrayed Alliance (in development)
« on: April 07, 2007, 05:00:25 PM »
Profile games is proud to announce the development of its first full-size game:

The political strife between two kingdoms finds a peaceful resolution that brings anything but tranquility. The peace terms include the marriage of the betrothed princess Julyn to the unworthy prince of the enemy kingdom.

On the eve of this unholy marriage ceremony a dark figure slips into Julyn's private chambers and steals her away into the night.

After having escaped prison for your own suspected involvement in the kidnapping, you must discover the identity of this thief and find a way to rescue Julyn from an uncertain fate and save your kingdom from devastating repercussions. This journey will be an encounter with magic, mystery, and broken alliances.

The introduction is almost complete:

This game will feature the usual SCI-adventure-game style puzzles, but also seeks to add other gameplay elements into the mix. This is an example of a fully operational arcade-style section in the game.

Also, original and worthy music and art are a priority for this game: you can check out some of the midi themes here: http://www.esnips.com/web/MidiMusicMayhem

The story is almost completely finished in its writing, and the general geography is basically complete also. I have much to do in terms of specific room design and that will be the toughest part. I would like to update this once month to keep myself on track. So don't let me get too lazy ;) Comments are welcome!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 12:25:58 AM by Doan Sephim »

Artificial Intelligence Competition

Offline Doan Sephim

Re: Betrayed Alliance (in development)
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2007, 01:45:43 PM »
More work is being done on this title and it's getting exciting. More puzzle elements are being hammered out, and story-line solidified.

Most recent work:
(1) new fully-operational puzzle board
(2) 1/2 programmed fighting system with integrated character stats
(3) full overview map drawn (though not yet "ingame" map)
(4) more character Sprites complete

If anyone is interested in offering a hand, I am looking for help coding Print commands that are more "interactive".

Also, in an effort to speed things more along, I am looking for someone willing to collaborate on drawing pics.

PM me if you think you might have something to offer on either front or if you want more info.

Offline Doan Sephim

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2007, 02:11:06 PM »

Progress report: cool map functionality is complete, many thanks to Troflip's tutorials on regions which helped me to write the code for this function. I actually thought I had made something pretty original here, but my brother reminded me that Quest for Glory II had basically the same thing I did! Oh well, it's still cool.

I'm still in the designing of the battle system...I need to draw the enemy sprites mainly. But it should be functional by next progress update (fingers crossed). I am forcing myself to work on pics more and more because this is what I need most at this point.

Offline Cloudee1

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007, 04:13:07 PM »
Glad to see things are progressing Doan. Some of the code from the boxing interface of Fabulous Las Vegas might come in handy when it comes to the fighting interface. I'm not sure what you've got planned though so maybe not. But anyway, keep up the good work it sounds like things are progressing well.
Halloween Competition Brass Lantern Prop Competition Groundhog Day Competition

Offline troflip

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2007, 01:31:25 PM »
Glad to see it's coming along Doan... looks good.  :)
Check out my website: http://icefallgames.com
Groundhog Day Competition

Offline Cloudee1

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, 11:24:33 PM »
So Doan, it has been more than a month since your  last update, how are things progressing?

Offline Doan Sephim

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2010, 04:41:34 PM »
I haven't done any real work on it in a year... :'( I have worked on a room here and there. But with teaching and working on my masters (and a relationship in the last year), it's been hard to find time and/or motivation

Offline Cloudee1

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2010, 12:01:16 PM »
Well its about time to start poking around with it again right ;)

Offline Doan Sephim

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2010, 09:49:43 AM »
It sure is. I just went through what I had, made a few notes, and worked on a room  ;D

Offline Cloudee1

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2010, 11:56:06 AM »
Glad to hear it. whenever I open up a game I haven't worked on in a while I'm always discouraged because I never have as much done as I thought I did.

Offline Cloudee1

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2010, 08:00:02 AM »
Ok Doan, I'm going to go ahead and unsticky this one. But seriously, you better have something good to tell us about Betrayed Alliance soon. At least by the time I finish my next game... Something!!  ;)

Offline Doan Sephim

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2010, 10:39:27 AM »
That's fair. I have to admit there is nothing to say about it...I am still around the forums, but I haven't worked on the game in at least a year...Work, school, and engagement has taken me out of it for a while.

Offline Cloudee1

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2010, 11:18:27 AM »
Engagement? congrats

Offline MusicallyInspired

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2010, 08:40:05 PM »
Indeed! Congrats, man.
Brass Lantern Prop Competition

Offline Doan Sephim

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2010, 10:03:20 PM »
Thanks a lot guys! It is quite exciting.

I do long to have all my hard work finished into at least something playable. Everytime I play through what I have it seems so short for how much work I have done! It's unbelievable!

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 23 queries.