Author Topic: Police Quest 1 VGA  (Read 46357 times)

Offline hrvg

Re: Police Quest 1 VGA
« Reply #75 on: February 26, 2020, 08:49:27 AM »
I wrote by email with Enrico.
Enrico answered me. I sent him the files. I do not know if he will modify these files for the French version or not. I had to try.

Offline Daventry

« Reply #76 on: February 27, 2020, 02:44:28 AM »
Hrvg
The history of the issue is as follows. In 2002, Kelmer made a subtitle patch for the Spanish version based on the Portuguese version. In 2003, Enrico made an interlace (not subtitles) patch for the Italian version . They worked independently from each other. In 2009, Laffer made a patch for the English version based on the Kelmer patch. The Collector was made the Installer to patch of the Laffer.
The patch I posted earlier was made from the Enrico patch.
Here's a patch for your version of the game based on the Kelmer patch. I checked the video and menu only for the first Chapter. To check the rest of the chapters, you need to go through the entire game.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 03:22:19 AM by Daventry »

Offline Collector

« Reply #77 on: February 27, 2020, 09:18:24 AM »
Enrico did do the Italian translation of both GK1 and GK2. It is why he wrote TraduSCI. There were a few extra GK2 tools and patches he wrote as well. He wrote a tool to concatenate the resources of multi disc SCI games as well as a patch to fix the opening menu broken by joining the discs. NewRisingSun made a couple of timer bug patches for the game, but Enrico wrote his own versions.
KQII Remake Pic

Offline hrvg

« Reply #78 on: February 27, 2020, 09:35:42 AM »
Hi Daventry,

Thank you for your help.
You managed to align the lines of the chapters and there are the subtitles in videos.
But there is this problem of the chapter lines going down. When you first go to the chapter menu, the lines are aligned. You go a second time (or +), the lines of the chapters go down.

Screenshot:
On the left, the lines are aligned when you go to the chapter menu for the first time.
On the right, the lines are no longer aligned when you go to the chapter menu for the second time (or +).
The lines go down each time when you go to the chapter menu.

Offline hrvg

« Reply #79 on: February 27, 2020, 09:40:02 AM »
@ collector,
Enrico's tools are excellent. I use them.

Offline Daventry

« Reply #80 on: March 01, 2020, 02:01:28 PM »
Hi, Hrvg

Here's the new version. I don't know how it works, but it does. :)

Offline hrvg

« Reply #81 on: March 02, 2020, 02:16:53 AM »
@ Daventry,
I tested your patch ... It works.  It is excellent.
I thank you very much.

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 22 queries.