Author Topic: Annoying problem with "W"-words...  (Read 12156 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

David Smith

  • Guest
Re:Annoying problem with "W"-words...
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2002, 09:08:51 PM »
I'm sure this isn't it, but sometimes it's the little things. Are you sure that you didn't put a space before or after the word in the words.tok file. I did that once and it didn't work until I removed the space.

Offline lemur

Re:Annoying problem with "W"-words...
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2002, 12:32:09 AM »
Thanks David and yes, I've made sure there are no spaces before or after the words.

Offline Joel

Re:Annoying problem with "W"-words...
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2002, 05:30:43 PM »
I have some w words in my game (including some "wa" words), and they all work without any problems.

Have you tried deleting the problem word and then re-adding it?

Offline lemur

Re:Annoying problem with "W"-words...
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2002, 09:51:03 AM »
Joel: Yes I have, hundreds of times! :-) I don't know how this works, but could it be a problem with the specific version of AGI-interpreter I'm using?

I'm using v2.936.

Kon-Tiki

  • Guest
Re:Annoying problem with "W"-words...
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2002, 10:04:22 AM »
I'm using v2.936 too, but it works fine (the word 'wall').

-Kon-Tiki-

Offline Te Rangi

Re:Annoying problem with "W"-words...
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2002, 10:13:24 AM »
Maybe you should switch to SCI. It doesn't discriminate against the letter "W" like your AGI does.

Offline Joel

Re:Annoying problem with "W"-words...
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2002, 12:37:25 PM »
It probably is not the interpreter version, but I can't say that for certain. If you're using the interpreter packaged with the template game that comes with the latest versions of AGI Studio, I'd recommend at least trying a different interpreter if not using another one all the time (as far as I can tell, sound doesn't work in the interpreter packaged with the template game...it's a hacked version 2.936 interpreter...an unhacked 2.936 interpreter is available at agidev.com).

The only other thing I can think to do is as was previously suggested. Post the words.tok file or send it to someone to look at it.

nio

  • Guest
Re:Annoying problem with "W"-words...
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2002, 03:22:19 PM »
Hello! I think it depends on the agi-studio version you are using. just try an other version.

Offline Joel

Re:Annoying problem with "W"-words...
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2002, 04:41:53 PM »
also, have you tried running the game with NAGI?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2002, 04:43:32 PM by Joel »

Offline Nick Sonneveld

Re:Annoying problem with "W"-words...
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2002, 08:45:45 PM »
lemur:
make sure the problem still exists and then could you email the files to sonneveld@hotmail.com ?

I'll have a look

- Nick
Nick Sonneveld  |  AGI Dev  |  NAGI

Offline lemur

Re:Annoying problem with "W"-words...
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2002, 05:33:18 PM »
Thanks Nick, I'll do that!

Offline Nick Sonneveld

Re:Annoying problem with "W"-words...
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2002, 03:08:36 AM »
I've found the problem, some bug make agi studio put the words in the wrong order (they need to be alphabetical) and the index was wrong also because of it.

Quick fix: delete wallet and enter it again.  I used AGI Studio 1.36.

See http://www.nailhead.org/agistudio/forum/viewtopic.php?p=50

- Nick
Nick Sonneveld  |  AGI Dev  |  NAGI

Offline Oliver

Re:Annoying problem with "W"-words...
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2002, 07:22:54 AM »
I've got the same problem (I just make the wallet a money bag)
You got it!
The New website of Extime is ready!
http://www.hot.ee/extime
Also, there is a message-board at:
http://www.zone.ee/eostuff/forum/index.php

Offline lemur

Re:Annoying problem with "W"-words...
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2002, 03:07:31 PM »
Oliver: Yes, but if you wanna make a good game, or at least a decent one, the interpreter should understand obvious synonyms like "money bag"-"wallet". I think so anyway.

And the quickfix Nick suggested doesn't work for me.

Today as I was working in harmony with my game I got the same problem with the word "van". This is really shitty. The mother is extending!!! :-)

Could someone with some extra time on their hands write a quick and dirty tool that simply sorts the words inside the words.tok-file correctly?

Offline Joel

Re:Annoying problem with "W"-words...
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2002, 04:25:57 PM »
Just a question regarding the quick fix -- did you save the WORDS.TOK file after deleting the word?

If not, try doing that. Delete the word. Save. Add the word. Save again. That may take care of it.


SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 15 queries.