Author Topic: Leisure Suit Larry 2 Reloaded  (Read 3594 times)

Offline Cloudee1

Leisure Suit Larry 2 Reloaded
« on: January 30, 2011, 06:56:16 PM »
So I have been thinking... I really need to rewrite the sample code that's out there somewhere . Not only to clean up some errors, get it compilable under sci companion, probably point and click it up as well.... but then what, possibly a community project in the making. Instead of allowing Larry to get on the cruise ship, some sort of alternate "what if" scenario.

I don't have any plot ideas, no time to draw the graphics, but I have a fair grasp on keeping the heap under control as well as managing the point and click interface. What do you guys think of a group project. Any volunteers. Don't fool yourselves though, making a game of any real size is a HUGE undertaking.

Halloween Competition Brass Lantern Prop Competition Groundhog Day Competition

Offline gumby

Re: Leisure Suit Larry 2 Reloaded
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 08:43:50 PM »
I was thinking about a group project as well with Zork, but I'm not ready yet.  However, I'm always up for assisting others, where I can.

I'm SURE what you are proposing is a lot of work.  Not that I'm committing, but what were you thinking?  There are a lot of skill sets needed, I'm sure.  Writing, graphics, music, etc.  Timeframe?
In the Great Underground Empire (Zork port in development)
Winter Break 2012 Rope Prop Competition

Offline Cloudee1

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 09:35:42 PM »
No time frame, and no real ideas, it just seems to me that what is done would be a terrible bit of work to waste...

Offline gumby

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 09:08:43 AM »
What about kickstarting it with a competition?  Something like design one screen, put together some music, or write a bit of storyline.  I was thinking that kind of approach might be a great way of getting some group work going. 

My main thing is I hesitate to commit to any large block of time.  I'd be more open to a bunch of 'mini-comps' though - really small (prop& sound effect creation would be great - IMO).
In the Great Underground Empire (Zork port in development)
Winter Break 2012 Rope Prop Competition

Offline Cloudee1

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 07:25:11 PM »
So I have started to convert/ fix the scripts... at this point, rather than undo what I have done, it looks like I am going to be making this a pnc/parser interface. So that it can be played either way. The rooms I have managed to convert already seem to be holding steady with plenty of heap space to spare, but then again not all of the look, get, talk stuff has been coded yet so it may be a little premature for me to say that, but at this point, it looks like memory will be fine in implementing both.

There are actually quite a number of rooms so while I have started, don't hold your breath, its going to take a minute or two to get everything running with both. When I'm done I will probably toss it on the game page as a demo so that it's a little easier to find and get rather than losing it as a post atatchment.

As for the competition idea, I certainly don't see any problem with it, and it sounds like a good idea... anybody is able to fire up any kind of competition they want at any time that they want, so if anybody has any ideas for one, do it up...

As for extending/ altering the story for LSL2, it really shouldn't be that hard to accomplish, at least not initially. The game itself almost begs to be added to, there are roads leading west all along the west side of town, where eve's house is, the amusement park, the onklonk store, but you just can't go that way... and on the north end of town there are a couple of walls that could easily be climbed. So pull out your old leisure suits and get in the mood, Larry goes Hollywood!

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 22 queries.