Author Topic: PICEDIT 1.3 Milestone 3 released  (Read 3293 times)

Offline lance.ewing

PICEDIT 1.3 Milestone 3 released
« on: August 14, 2011, 01:32:16 PM »
Today I built and released the third milestone release of PICEDIT 1.3. This gives people a chance to see yet more of the new features I've been working on for 1.3. Note that this is just a milestone release and I plan to release more milestone releases before the final 1.3 release.

http://picedit.googlecode.com/files/picedit-1.3M3.jar

The new features in this milestone include:

* "Open Recent" option in the File menu to re-open one of the last four opened pictures.

* Proper background image toggling. It is now possible to load a background image and then toggle it on and off without having to reload the image again.

* Reorganised the menu system so that it makes more sense. For example, toggling grid lines and dual mode are now under the View menu since this is more standard. The Special menu has gone.

* Drawing tools, navigation, delete, visual screen selection, priority screen selection are all now also found under the menu.

* Split out the status bar and the tool bar so that they are no longer part of the main picture panel. This allows the picture to be separately zoomed in and out.

* Window maximise and resizing is now supported. The window size is no longer tied to the zoom level.

Let me know what you all think. I am very keen to hear your feedback and suggestions.

Offline Cloudee1

Re: PICEDIT 1.3 Milestone 3 released
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 10:31:34 PM »
Played around with it tonight and I must say, coming together quite nicely... Didn't take long at all to have a halfway decent street scene thrown together. I don't have any constructive criticism to dish out, it was easy to use and pretty self explanatory. How hard would it be to add in some      circle drawing capability... free handed a monolith burger sign, but bailed on the building. the ability to draw an ellipse would be nice.
Halloween Competition Brass Lantern Prop Competition Groundhog Day Competition

Offline lance.ewing

Re: PICEDIT 1.3 Milestone 3 released
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 01:29:15 PM »
Thanks for the feedback. I would have replied sooner but I was away on holiday over the last week. Yeah, ellipse drawing would be useful. AGI pictures don't support that natively but I could in theory add a layer of logic on top within the editor that knows how to convert the ellipse into a series of short lines. Once it is drawn though it would no longer be editable as a ellipse. It would from that point on become a series of lines. Do you think that would be fine?

There are probably other tools such as rectangles and other things that can be done in a similar way, but the same comment would apply to them, which is that it would become lines once drawn.

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.