Author Topic: Adding our SCI Files - How do we do it?  (Read 3627 times)

Offline jtyler125

Adding our SCI Files - How do we do it?
« on: February 17, 2007, 11:09:12 PM »
Ok,

I thought I had a good idea to take me out of newbie status but here I am again trying to learn how to do it.  I was actually hoping to be able to put in the files as sci files that way we would not have to do that much tedious work to put them in or take them off the site...why can't we do that Cloudee?  Do they take up too much space?

Sorry, just having a hard time understanding ease of sharing if they are not kept as sci files...that are easily "extractable" & "addable" to our sci programs.

I love this site by the way...just frustrated at how much I suck at everything.

Thanks,
JT

Life is getting better all the time.
Groundhog Day Competition New Year's Competition

Offline Cloudee1

Re: Adding our SCI Files - How do we do it?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2007, 11:37:38 PM »
I don't want to do it because of the file type settings. view.000 sound.999, by only allowing standard file types .bmp, .zip etc, we are less prone to viral attacks and sneaky people.

BMP doesn't mess with an image like jpg compression does, so using that file type for images (which both studios do at export by default, ) will keep them directly copyable to views. Besides allowing you to see the images with your browser, otherwise you'd have to download and import them before you'd even know what any of them looked like, and in a couple of months when you need a new image and you forget which ones were which, you'll have to do it all over again. Also since there is a bmp export button, there maybe an import bmp button for views too, I just haven't ever looked for it so I don't know.

I don't think using bmp images makes it any harder to share files, whereas using unviewable sci resources would make them a pain to navigate online.

Maybe someday when there's a bunch, some can be zipped up into "fairy pack" or whatnot which would be fine for placing sci resources inside, but we are nowhere near that point.
Halloween Competition Brass Lantern Prop Competition Groundhog Day Competition

Offline Doan Sephim

Re: Adding our SCI Files - How do we do it?
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2007, 11:42:16 PM »
I checked and there is an IMPORT function for SCI studio...so you could save the bmps and import them as views in SCI studio...I haven't yet done it, but the function is there.

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 23 queries.