Author Topic: Happy Thanksgiving to my North American compadres  (Read 3634 times)

Offline Cloudee1

Happy Thanksgiving to my North American compadres
« on: November 26, 2015, 12:37:15 AM »
So somehow, I still haven't figured it out yet, I managed to get roped into cooking a turkey.

We are heading over to the wife's parents for lunch and my parent's for dinner. Supposedly the mother-in-law was starting to get stressed out by the amount of work she had to do for tomorrow. The plan was that she was going to cook the turkey tonight but as of 7 o' clock she still hadn't started it yet. Feeling sorry for her, I open my big mouth and offer to cook the turkey for her. It's one thing if I stay up late, but I really can't picture her doing it. She is much more... what's the word... "proper" than I am.

So now I am the one staying up till probably 3 or 4 o' clock... Should have just kept my mouth shut. It's not too bad though, everyone else is in bed so the house is quiet, dragged the laptop to the dining room table, and plucking away at a game while I wait to baste that stupid turkey every hour or so. One thing I never get at home is quiet time to myself so all in all I have to say this is looking like it is going to be a pretty good thanksgiving... assuming I don't ruin the turkey that is.  8)

Halloween Competition Brass Lantern Prop Competition Groundhog Day Competition

Offline MusicallyInspired

Re: Happy Thanksgiving to my North American compadres
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2015, 01:39:30 AM »
Nix the 'North', it's just 'Americans'. We Canadians had our Thanksgiving last month. :) Sounds like you got your hands full. Good luck with the bird.
Brass Lantern Prop Competition

Offline troflip

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2015, 01:52:08 AM »
Good luck with the turkey :-)

As a Canadian expat living the US, I get to celebrate both Thankgivings or neither :P
Check out my website: http://icefallgames.com
Groundhog Day Competition

Offline Cloudee1

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2015, 03:31:15 AM »
Turkey is done, deboned and put into a couple of cake pans. In a few hours from now, toss it in the oven to heat it back up and I'm all good to go. Also making the things that I was volunteered to bring as well. I would let the wife make the stuff if I wasn't at all interested in eating it. God help her, but I don't even think she could get toast right. Usually on the nights I know she is planning to cook I go ahead and eat McDonalds or something on the way home just so I don't starve.

It's now pushing 3:30 in the morning and I am ready for bed, to all a good night.

To any of our Turkish members, I apologize now for this one. Just thought it was amusing.

Seriously though, what were you guys thinking? From what I have seen Putin really isn't the guy you want to be playing around with.
Halloween Competition Brass Lantern Prop Competition Groundhog Day Competition

Offline Collector

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2015, 12:09:19 PM »
He won't do anything. Turkey is a NATO country. If he attacks all NATO countries will be obligated to help defend. He cannot take on nearly the entirety of Europe and North America. Now he could start arming the Kurds to piss Turkey off, but that would be counter to his Assad interest.
KQII Remake Pic

Offline Kawa

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2015, 01:20:04 PM »
Can we not turn a Thanksgiving thread into a political debate just because of a silly pun?

Offline Collector

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2015, 05:37:07 PM »
Not really political, just an observation of international events and why we should not worry to much about it.
KQII Remake Pic

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 25 queries.