Author Topic: Recreating complete QFG1 EGA source code  (Read 49237 times)

Offline Kawa

Re: Recreating complete QFG1 EGA source code
« Reply #90 on: November 02, 2018, 10:46:22 PM »
Ah. Thank you.

Offline Charles

« Reply #91 on: November 05, 2018, 04:08:45 PM »
Eric,

I was just looking through your code myself, and I noticed that you left script n982 and n896 out of the game.ini.  Even if you don't have a custom name for them, you should include them in the game.ini otherwise a Compile All won't include them.

Also, I believe n982 is SIGHT.SC. proc982_0 is IsOffScreen, proc982_1 is CantBeSeen, and proc982_2 is AngleDiff.

Offline EricOakford

« Reply #92 on: November 05, 2018, 09:08:45 PM »
I based the game.ini file on the one for 1.000. While I accounted for the changes in the game scripts, I didn't account for additional system scripts.

Two system scripts added by the time 1.200 was released were Avoider and Sight.

Here is an updated version of the code, with a few more local variables identified as well as the additional system scripts.

As for test results...

The game seems to play okay, but certain rooms have gotten bugged. In the fairy ring, the mushrooms are not placed properly on the screen, and the game may crash with an "Oops!" error when the fairies approach you at night.

Entering the Meep's Peep is now completely impossible, since the game crashes with an "Oops!" error when trying to enter it. Good thing Razzle Dazzle Root Beer is there to bypass those bugged parts.
My SCI templates
SCI0 SCI0.1 SCI1.0 SCI1.1
SCI2.1 planned

Offline EricOakford

« Reply #93 on: February 16, 2019, 11:22:53 AM »
Here we go again! An updated decompile of QFG1EGA, using more original define and procedure names. Also, the SYSTEM, GAME, and KERNEL headers have been converted to Sierra Script, allowing for enum support. I've added in a DEBUG.BAT that automatically starts the game with the -d parameter making it easier to debug.

Now to just playtest this and work on the QFG1VGA decompile...
My SCI templates
SCI0 SCI0.1 SCI1.0 SCI1.1
SCI2.1 planned

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 23 queries.