Author Topic: Command line batch processing  (Read 3920 times)

Offline MusicallyInspired

Command line batch processing
« on: January 09, 2019, 04:54:00 PM »
Is this possible at present? I don't remember if custom command line tools were developed or not. Specifically, I would like to extract and convert every PICTURE resource (or any graphic resource I suppose, but mainly PICTUREs) from a game as PNG files. Can we have this added at least as a right-click menu option when selecting multiple PICTURE resources in SCI Companion? We can mass extract/export as patch files, but we can't mass convert.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 04:55:57 PM by MusicallyInspired »

Brass Lantern Prop Competition

Offline Kawa

Re: Command line batch processing
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 05:00:26 PM »
I used the command-line SV tools to generate the SCI and AGI folders in my background archive. Had a batch file that first used resource.exe to extract it all, then graphics.exe to convert the pictures. Then pngout to convert from BMP to PNG because I seem to remember something was fucky about the results if I let SV do it or sumth...

Can't find the batch file now, of course.

But let me at least help you not have to look for the damn toolset.

Offline pmkelly

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2019, 07:15:06 PM »
Not related to SCI as such, but for the new version of AGI Studio, I'm developing everything as a TypeScript library and will have all this functionality exposed through a CLI interface which wraps the main library functions. You'll be able to use the library from JavaScript/TypeScript code to do things like batch processing.

Offline troflip

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2019, 07:24:25 PM »
SCI Companion:
Tools -> Extract All Resources
Make sure the Generate Bitmaps For Pics is checked.

It generates .bmp files, but there's plenty of tools to convert to .png.
Check out my website: http://icefallgames.com
Groundhog Day Competition

Offline MusicallyInspired

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2019, 07:29:40 PM »
Oh sweet! Didn't notice that checkbox (to be honest, I never got that far to bring up the dialog. I assumed it was an instantaneous action without any customization. You know what they say about assuming...). Thank you. I'll use this.

However, I'm having fun programming my batch file to process everything from command line so I'm still going to do that too. lol
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 07:33:19 PM by MusicallyInspired »
Brass Lantern Prop Competition

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 22 queries.