Author Topic: SCI Companion V3 - alpha build notes/bugs/feature requests  (Read 395764 times)

Offline troflip

Re: SCI Companion V3 - alpha build notes/bugs/feature requests
« Reply #120 on: June 21, 2015, 10:22:08 PM »
Yeah, pretty sure it's fixed. Or at least the problem that gets you into that state is fixed.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 10:43:34 PM by troflip »
Check out my website: http://icefallgames.com
Groundhog Day Competition

Offline MusicallyInspired

« Reply #121 on: June 22, 2015, 12:26:27 AM »
This is what I've been playing around with since the release.

Brass Lantern Prop Competition

Offline troflip

« Reply #122 on: June 22, 2015, 03:20:52 AM »
Hey, that looks great! So those are graphics resources from a fan-made KQ1 done in another engine, right? And you're re-making it in SCI 1.1?

The palette cycling looks pretty slick.

Looks like you'll need some polygons soon :P

« Reply #123 on: June 22, 2015, 09:03:25 AM »
Yeah, they're borrowed from AGDI's remake made in AGS. Not as easy as you'd think. Screenshotting animation frames is a paaaaaaain. Won't be finishing this. Just for the experience to work out some of the advanced features in SCI1.1. If I ever did do this I'd want to finish KQ2SCI first. I did the logo image in Deluxe Paint and Grafx 2 (a modern spiritual successor to Deluxe Paint). It was fun to create I liked how it turned out.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 09:07:18 AM by MusicallyInspired »

Offline Kawa

« Reply #124 on: June 22, 2015, 10:38:12 AM »
Y'gotta love those button borders. ;)

Offline Collector

« Reply #125 on: June 22, 2015, 11:00:37 AM »
MI, isn't there any utility that can extract graphics from an AGS game?
KQII Remake Pic

Offline OmerMor

« Reply #126 on: June 22, 2015, 11:59:47 AM »
Or better yet: you've worked with AGDI. Won't they give you access to their graphic resources?

« Reply #127 on: June 22, 2015, 01:47:58 PM »
MI, isn't there any utility that can extract graphics from an AGS game?

I had thought that Chris Jones specifically designed AGS so that nobody could decompile or rip assets from it.

Or better yet: you've worked with AGDI. Won't they give you access to their graphic resources?

That's a lot of content. With us still working hard to finish up Mage's I doubt they'd have the time. Especially when I'm still finishing up music! Chris Warren (AGD2) liked the logo though lol.

Offline Kawa

« Reply #128 on: June 22, 2015, 01:58:00 PM »
I had thought that Chris Jones specifically designed AGS so that nobody could decompile or rip assets from it.
You know that's impossible. Difficult maybe, but theoretically it can be done.

Offline Cloudee1

« Reply #129 on: June 22, 2015, 02:01:30 PM »
Copy and paste from one cel in a loop to another cel in the same loop, causes all kinds of bad things.

In the screen shot, cel 1 was copied to cel 2.
Halloween Competition Brass Lantern Prop Competition Groundhog Day Competition

Offline troflip

« Reply #130 on: June 22, 2015, 02:20:17 PM »
arghh...  (also, you mean loops/views, not cels/loops). Yeah, I broke this when I "fixed" things so that copying among view cels with the same palette just did a direct copy (instead of re-interpreting RGB colors).

Well, you can work around it in the meantime by making the bottom cel the same size of the one you're copying from, then adjusting (and wouldn't you need to do that anyway? If you're trying to make a small version of the plunger, you'd want to copy the old one into a same size cel, and then re-size it by SHIFT-dragging a border).

Offline Cloudee1

« Reply #131 on: June 22, 2015, 02:23:55 PM »
Yeah, that is just what I was going to add, that it only happens when the second cel is smaller.

When I did it, I didn't think about the cels being different sizes, I was just copy and pasting without a care in the world

and yeah I did mean cels of different loops... I'm not used to the right pane showing loops and the bottom pane showing cels yet. But it also breaks with cels in the same loop if the second one is smaller
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 02:27:06 PM by Cloudee1 »
Halloween Competition Brass Lantern Prop Competition Groundhog Day Competition

« Reply #132 on: June 22, 2015, 02:42:40 PM »
I've run into this. I saw that it was a size issue and just worked around it. I do like the idea that when a cel is smaller the pasted graphic will be resized. However, sometimes I'm working so fast I might not notice that it's smaller (take walk animations for instance) and I'll end up with skewed animation cels. This isn't a feature request but a request for feedback on a potential feature. Does anyone think it would be too bothersome and time wasting to add a pop up window warning that the image being pasted is larger than the size of the cel it's being pasted in and asking for confirmation before proceeding?

Y'gotta love those button borders. ;)

If you're talking about the ones on the title screen, those are actually Views. lol
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 02:44:16 PM by MusicallyInspired »

Offline Kawa

« Reply #133 on: June 22, 2015, 03:15:11 PM »
If you're talking about the ones on the title screen, those are actually Views. lol
I know they are. I was joking about the lowlightColor thing. ;)

« Reply #134 on: June 22, 2015, 03:25:34 PM »
:)

Actually, if you'll notice, the insetWindow for the Inventory GUI still uses grey colours. I have to find that and fix it. My first attempt proved fruitless. It's probably a global variable thing, which makes finding the point at which the colours are set difficult because you don't know what to search for right away.

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 23 queries.