Author Topic: SCI Companion V3 - alpha build notes/bugs/feature requests  (Read 287875 times)

Offline lskovlun

Re: SCI Companion V3 - alpha build notes/bugs/feature requests
« Reply #315 on: August 14, 2015, 11:31:22 AM »
I have another question, how do you get a 320x200 background to fill the screen without the 10-pixel black bar along the top? I want my title screen to fill the page, but it starts drawing it underneath this black bar.
http://sciprogramming.com/community/index.php?topic=1420.msg6965#msg6965

Offline MusicallyInspired

« Reply #316 on: August 14, 2015, 11:39:59 AM »
I have another question, how do you get a 320x200 background to fill the screen without the 10-pixel black bar along the top? I want my title screen to fill the page, but it starts drawing it underneath this black bar.
http://sciprogramming.com/community/index.php?topic=1420.msg6965#msg6965

Thanks. I knew it was explained but couldn't remember or locate where.
Brass Lantern Prop Competition

Offline Collector

« Reply #317 on: August 15, 2015, 04:32:27 PM »
I know that troflip is pretty well set on the feature set that the new beta will have, but as per http://sciprogramming.com/community/index.php?topic=1485.0 I was wondering how difficult would it be to have a standard video format (such as AVI) to SEQ import capability. If not within Companion what about an external AVI to SEQ converter? Or for that matter an SEQ editor. Understandable if this get shelved, but would be great for creating cut scenes.
KQII Remake Pic

« Reply #318 on: August 19, 2015, 11:56:39 PM »
I wonder if before you call this "feature complete" if you could readd the enhanced script IDE functions back. Like, the "Find declaration of..." on rightclick of a script object or variable and being able to view the Pic from a currently viewed script (which is now greyed out in the left bar) and viewing the script number of the current Pic you're editing (also on the left bar), etc. I realize that the script number doesn't always match the picture number anymore in SCI1.1, but it's still a handy feature for when it does. All these extra features from 2.1.0.5 seem to be absent (disabled temporarily perhaps?) in 3.0.0.x.

Offline troflip

« Reply #319 on: August 20, 2015, 12:47:46 AM »
It's good to know someone was actually using those features!

Those features require that SCI Companion always be compiling the scripts in the background, and there were some issues with that functionality which made me temporarily disable it. But I can look into re-enabling it.
Check out my website: http://icefallgames.com
Groundhog Day Competition

« Reply #320 on: August 20, 2015, 03:15:07 AM »
Absolutely! It was crucial to my first understanding how SCI scripting worked in the beginning and was just plain handy after the fact!

« Reply #321 on: August 22, 2015, 06:09:27 AM »
Picture importing seems to be bugged in 3.0.0.11, where palettes are concerned.

1) I'm trying to import a picture and "use imported image palette", but when I select that option it creates a brand new palette that is definitely not from the image I'm importing (I'm importing a GIF not from the clipboard or anything). Seems like a default VGA palette of sorts and it remaps the entire image to this palette (closest match).
2) It also ignores "Only use 191 free palette entries" unless I deselect and select it again, when using "use imported image palette".
3) Also, the Brightness, Contrast, and Saturation sliders are greyed out when using "Use imported image palette", is that on purpose? Yes it is. However, the Hue slider is not greyed out, but has no effect on the image.

These issues aren't present in 3.0.0.10.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 06:15:27 AM by MusicallyInspired »

Offline troflip

« Reply #322 on: August 22, 2015, 01:30:35 PM »
Sigh... looks like that happened when I added code to clone the bitmap that gets imported. I did this because the library I'm using keeps the bitmap file open (so it can't be deleted). But it looks like when I clone, the palette gets lost.

Thanks for finding this bug.

Offline Kawa

« Reply #323 on: August 22, 2015, 03:23:47 PM »
Regarding the old Cat.sc conversation:
  • An instance of Cat that doesn't overload (method posn(x y)) can be dragged anywhere with the mouse.
  • Such a Cat will erase any Views it is dragged over. They redraw when you release the Cat.
  • You must add the Cat to gOldMH to allow it to be dragged like that.

Attached is a test room script and resource.000/map files that include a simple draggable Cat and the wheel from Codename Iceman.

Offline Kawa

« Reply #324 on: September 04, 2015, 06:24:51 PM »
One thing that really gets me...

SCI Companion has all these UI themes, but no retention. It resets to Office 2007 Luna-Blue every time you start it.

Offline troflip

« Reply #325 on: September 06, 2015, 12:13:48 PM »
Not sure why I never fixed it. But I just did, should be in the next release.

Offline Kawa

« Reply #326 on: September 06, 2015, 01:30:53 PM »
Not sure why I never fixed it. But I just did, should be in the next release.
yeeey ;D

Offline Kawa

« Reply #327 on: September 10, 2015, 03:44:58 PM »
Have I or have I not mentioned by the way how I'm consistently incapable of opening Larry 1 VGA? I either get no resources at all, or (more commonly) SCI Companion outright crashes when I try.

« Reply #328 on: September 10, 2015, 04:41:43 PM »
I don't think so. I never tried it because I have no LSL games installed on my system. Interesting problem.

Offline Collector

« Reply #329 on: September 10, 2015, 07:27:04 PM »
I can confirm this with 2.0 (EGA int 1.000575 & VGA int 1.000.510) and 2.1 int 1.000.577. The demo (int 1.000.084) does open.
KQII Remake Pic

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 24 queries.