Author Topic: The Dating Pool  (Read 56518 times)

Offline Kawa

Re: The Dating Pool
« Reply #105 on: June 26, 2018, 02:55:10 AM »
Happy birthday to me. Have that new demo. It's on here, and on my Itch.io page. The only difference is that the one here has my custom install/setup application, and the Itch version has a .Net-based launcher.

Offline lskovlun

« Reply #106 on: June 27, 2018, 08:19:54 AM »
I like the new cartoon panels and the new content in general. But that optional ending scene... it's too random whether you discover how to get it or not. You state directly somewhere that "this is not a Sierra game". That puzzle has Sierra written all over it. Plus you have already given the player a choice between different levels of raunchiness. Making the player do further work in order to see that scene seems unfair.

Edit: Actually, I liked the old intro pic better (with Ilira in a jacuzzi with a bottle of champagne).
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 08:24:11 AM by lskovlun »

Offline Kawa

« Reply #107 on: June 27, 2018, 10:23:08 AM »
I'll see what I can do about discovering the "you can exit the car" part. I can totally adjust the title screen to have the crap on the ledge more visible, including the bottle -- I've learned a thing or two about lighting in the iRay renderer since then.

And I'll take the "Sierra written all over it" as a compliment ;)

Offline gumby

« Reply #108 on: June 27, 2018, 08:28:40 PM »
Very nice.
In the Great Underground Empire (Zork port in development)
Winter Break 2012 Rope Prop Competition

Offline MusicallyInspired

« Reply #109 on: June 28, 2018, 02:53:23 AM »
Nice. And Happy Birthday!
Brass Lantern Prop Competition

Offline Kawa

« Reply #110 on: July 30, 2018, 09:44:51 AM »
Over the weekend I put up a poll on Twitter, like I've done before, asking which of my projects I should exclusively focus on this week. The Dating Pool won.

So I took my sketches of the new two-screen apartment and got to work. I've been tweeting the process but I figured not everybody here's on Twitter, or if they are they don't necessarily follow me, so let me just show my work so far.

I think this needs more crazy shit on the walls, if only to mask the scars on the right wall where I cheated the tops of the door and closet in post.

(Edit: did the living room, updated the bath and bedroom.)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 03:31:34 PM by Kawa »

Offline Kawa

« Reply #111 on: August 01, 2018, 01:23:33 PM »
Did a bunch of videos, of increasing production quality, about these rooms. You might've seen them on my Twitter, but just because I can here they are again.

and the final take for today:
a complete and sudden drop in video production effort just barely above the first.

bonus SQ3 shadow doit trace

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 23 queries.