Author Topic: Quest for Glory 1 - Restoring Glory Project  (Read 9065 times)

Offline Collector

Re: Quest for Glory 1 - Restoring Glory Project
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2021, 07:29:18 PM »
Your MAP file is likely to need updating as well.
KQII Remake Pic

Offline Charles

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2021, 01:17:25 PM »
And if you modified any of the resources found in external patch files (of which I recall QFG1VGA had plenty), you'll need to do something about them too... external patches take priority over ones in resource.000.

Offline EricOakford

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2021, 02:03:40 PM »
And if you modified any of the resources found in external patch files (of which I recall QFG1VGA had plenty), you'll need to do something about them too... external patches take priority over ones in resource.000.

Yes, RESOURCE.MAP will need to be patched as well, since I had to convert it from SCI1.0 to SCI1.1 to be compatible with the new interpreter. As for the external patch files, they'll just be removed, as the upgrade will incorporate them internally.

Here is my work on the patch, with the new drivers and interpreter. You just need to drop in the original RESOURCE.000 and RESOURCE.MAP. However, the built executable fails to work, giving the "unable to open source file" error, even if the original unaltered resource files are in the same directory. Am I doing something wrong?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 10:49:00 AM by EricOakford »
My SCI templates
SCI0 SCI0.1 SCI1.0 SCI1.1
SCI2.1 planned

Offline Daventry

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2021, 12:05:20 AM »
EricOakford
The link doesn't work.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 12:08:37 AM by Daventry »

Offline EricOakford

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2021, 10:48:26 AM »
EricOakford
The link doesn't work.

Apparently, it violates the Terms of Service, since it is allegedly infected with a virus. Try again. I think the Vpatch.exe is what set it off. Fortunately, the .vpj file, the important uncompiled patch file, is still there.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 10:51:05 AM by EricOakford »
My SCI templates
SCI2.1 planned

Offline Spikey

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2021, 09:54:34 PM »
Eric:
"It will also use the music from the Macintosh version as it has native General MIDI tracks (unlike the DOS version, which uses a music patch for the MT-32 tracks)."

Thanks for posting this. I'm going to guess that they (MT->GM and "native" GM) are one and the same.. but in case not, can you send me the SND files from the Mac version? :)

Also, have you found this with any other Mac version?
Sierra Music Central
Keeping Sierra's music alive in the digital age!

Offline EricOakford

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2021, 09:34:45 PM »
Eric:
"It will also use the music from the Macintosh version as it has native General MIDI tracks (unlike the DOS version, which uses a music patch for the MT-32 tracks)."

Thanks for posting this. I'm going to guess that they (MT->GM and "native" GM) are one and the same.. but in case not, can you send me the SND files from the Mac version? :)

Also, have you found this with any other Mac version?

I just sent you a link to the files. They are in fact redone in native GM, not patched MT-32 tracks. I have no idea if the other Mac versions got the same treatment.
My SCI templates
SCI2.1 planned

Offline Collector

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2021, 07:10:31 PM »
Apparently, it violates the Terms of Service, since it is allegedly infected with a virus. Try again. I think the Vpatch.exe is what set it off. Fortunately, the .vpj file, the important uncompiled patch file, is still there.

I have never had Vpatch.exe flagged as malware, but the stub files with NSIS sometimes will give a false positive since a number of malware authors have used NSIS to package their goods. Usually just zipping the compiled installers is enough to get scanners to ignore them.
KQII Remake Pic

Offline Kawa

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2021, 08:42:24 PM »
* to package their bads

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 24 queries.