Author Topic: AGI Tools and whatnot  (Read 18741 times)

Offline Cloudee1

AGI Tools and whatnot
« on: November 15, 2010, 08:32:46 PM »
OK, so as for the AGI front, thank God for Nick.

As for getting everything that you could possibly need to get you started out in AGI game development.

Halloween Competition Brass Lantern Prop Competition Groundhog Day Competition

Offline MusicallyInspired

Re: AGI Tools and whatnot
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 10:36:47 PM »
Awesome. Now we just need that Mega-Tokyo archived database.
Brass Lantern Prop Competition

Offline Collector

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 01:05:18 AM »
Does anyone even know how contact someone that had admin privileges  to the board? If so, they might have a database backup. What board system was it using?
KQII Remake Pic

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 09:14:01 AM »
Same as this I believe. Simple Machines. Or its predecessor yaBB.

Offline Cloudee1

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2010, 11:15:36 AM »
It's the same, smf. Chris's site made use of cb, or cjb or something like that. Kon-tiki would be our best bet for finding anyone. He's been around long before I showed up... But for now, board space has been made, I'll rework the fangames form and page after that. Then I guess it's the tutorials. Or we can just keep our fingers crossed that agigames is coming back. I am.

Offline Collector

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2010, 01:39:50 PM »
If it does not come back, it makes more sense to me to migrate the AGI community to here than ScummVM's board.
KQII Remake Pic

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2010, 06:46:32 PM »
Totally.

Offline klownstein

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2010, 08:18:56 PM »
I'm glad to find another AGI forum since agigames went down.  A big thanks to the host for offering one here!

-klownstein

Offline Cloudee1

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2010, 10:45:36 PM »
All in the family Klownstein. It sucks I don't have more ready for you, tutorials, tools, and whatnot but as more of you guys trickle in, you  old agiers know where  your stuffs at better than I do. But if nothing else, make yourself at home, there's lots of room to play.

Offline gumby

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2010, 12:10:57 PM »
While searching for a tool (TOK2VOC python script) I had downloaded from the MT forums, I was able to find it here:

http://www.angelfire.com/games/hexdomain/agisci.html

There are some other AGI/SCI conversion utilities as well that might not exist anywhere else, figured we'd want to mirror these here?
In the Great Underground Empire (Zork port in development)
Winter Break 2012 Rope Prop Competition

Offline lance.ewing

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2010, 12:00:12 AM »
Does anyone know whose site that is? I'd be interested in talking to that person. The experiences mentioned regarding the AGI to SCI PIC2PIC conversion utility would be very interesting and relevant to the SCI0 support I'm putting into PICEDIT. I had assumed that the line drawing algorithm would be one thing that would not have changed but that site mentions that it did change. Does anyone know if the line algorithm really did change? Or is it that just when drawn at a higher resolution the lines don't match up?

http://www.angelfire.com/games/hexdomain/agisci/agi2sci/pic2pic.html

Offline Collector

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2010, 12:25:07 AM »
It looks long abandoned to me. It even links to the original MT forums.
KQII Remake Pic

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2010, 03:20:23 AM »
I remember that program. I tried using it once to convert KQ2 AGI placeholder backgrounds over to my KQ2 SCI remake but it wasn't perfect. It basically just drew two lines instead of one for every vertical line (because AGI resolution is 160x200 or whatever). It wasn't fool-proof and fill commands leaked into the rest of the picture. I ended up just using Companion's image importer/converter and just captured them via clipboard from AGI Studio or something.

Offline gumby

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2010, 01:40:02 PM »
Does anyone know whose site that is? I'd be interested in talking to that person. The experiences mentioned regarding the AGI to SCI PIC2PIC conversion utility would be very interesting and relevant to the SCI0 support I'm putting into PICEDIT. I had assumed that the line drawing algorithm would be one thing that would not have changed but that site mentions that it did change. Does anyone know if the line algorithm really did change? Or is it that just when drawn at a higher resolution the lines don't match up?

http://www.angelfire.com/games/hexdomain/agisci/agi2sci/pic2pic.html

Yeah, in the source code (at least for the TOK2VOC.py script - I assume that he's written all the utils on the site) the author is listed as John Nickerson, email address at mokalus@yahoo.com.au.  I think I read somewhere that mokalus was his handle on the MT forums, but now I can't remember where...

Offline gumby

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2010, 09:09:59 AM »
Awesome. Now we just need that Mega-Tokyo archived database.

I'm currently working on this.  I couldn't contact Chris, but I've got an email into Patrick (the co-admin of agigames).  Hopefully I'll hear back from him soon.

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 23 queries.