Author Topic: SCI Companion V3 - alpha build notes/bugs/feature requests  (Read 393411 times)

Offline Kawa

Re: SCI Companion V3 - alpha build notes/bugs/feature requests
« Reply #270 on: July 15, 2015, 05:25:04 PM »
One set of diagonals and a good thinking on even/odd widths coming up! ;D

Offline troflip

« Reply #271 on: July 15, 2015, 08:57:25 PM »
SCI Companion version 3.0.0.10 has been released! Full details in the first post of this thread as usual.

A few of the big items:
- gif export!
- support for color shifting (View->Shift Colors) in views, for remapping to different hues/brightness levels.
- the pic background importer has some important new functionality
    - you can overlay images on the existing background
    - you can explicitly specify which palette entries the imported image is mapped to

This makes it easy, for instance, to have palette cycling applied to a certain region of your image, since you can assign different palette ranges as you add the layers one by one.
Check out my website: http://icefallgames.com
Groundhog Day Competition

Offline MusicallyInspired

« Reply #272 on: July 15, 2015, 11:29:50 PM »
Oh nice!! Will have fun playing with that new Pic feature!
Brass Lantern Prop Competition

Offline Kawa

« Reply #273 on: July 16, 2015, 02:57:11 PM »
In my stash right now, there are a slight upd0rt on 999.fon (the ? was too low) and a functionally identical but slightly more readable print.sc that replaces things like theTheTheGModNum_3 with the somewhat clearer seq. I haven't done this to addColorButton and addEdit yet, but it certainly cleans up.

Offline troflip

« Reply #274 on: July 16, 2015, 03:43:55 PM »
In my stash right now, there are a slight upd0rt on 999.fon (the ? was too low) and a functionally identical but slightly more readable print.sc that replaces things like theTheTheGModNum_3 with the somewhat clearer seq. I haven't done this to addColorButton and addEdit yet, but it certainly cleans up.

I don't see those there, but I can make those changes too. Yeah, print.sc is kind of a mess still!

Offline Kawa

« Reply #275 on: July 16, 2015, 03:58:47 PM »
I must've neglected to actually upload them. Doing so now.

edit: boom

Offline troflip

« Reply #276 on: July 16, 2015, 04:06:23 PM »
Got it. I can finish off addColorButton and the others.

Offline Kawa

« Reply #277 on: July 16, 2015, 04:16:06 PM »
Awesome. I was thinking of going through all these files and renaming paramN and tempN throughout to increase readability. Incidentally, I really feel like blink.sc should be talker.sc, though I understand why it's been given that name.

Offline troflip

« Reply #278 on: July 16, 2015, 04:50:45 PM »
Awesome. I was thinking of going through all these files and renaming paramN and tempN throughout to increase readability. Incidentally, I really feel like blink.sc should be talker.sc, though I understand why it's been given that name.

I agree. I'll make that change.

Talkers are the next thing I'm going to play around with in my "explore SCI1.1" game...

Offline Kawa

« Reply #279 on: July 16, 2015, 05:05:40 PM »
Talkers are the next thing I'm going to play around with in my "explore SCI1.1" game...
I'm looking forward to that already.

« Reply #280 on: July 17, 2015, 11:48:16 AM »
I think I'm misunderstanding how to use the overlay feature in the picture importer. I can't get the overlay to work without wiping out what was already there. I assume it allows you to import pieces of backgrounds in layers, correct? And then assign those "layers" to a different area of the palette?

Here's a request. Can you allow moving around for placing somehow of the imported picture inside the screen if the imported image is smaller than 320x190? Can you also make it transparent-aware? That is, if the shape of the imported image is not a perfect square/rectangle and has transparency applied either by palette or by alpha, when it's imported it appears on top of the original image? Kind of like a "magic wand" select in an image editor. Am I making sense?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 11:53:06 AM by MusicallyInspired »

Offline troflip

« Reply #281 on: July 17, 2015, 09:25:24 PM »
Your image needs to have alpha transparency for the overlay feature to work. Png format works well. I haven't been able to get the "from clipboard" functionality to work with transparency, I can try taking another look at it.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 09:59:37 PM by troflip »

« Reply #282 on: July 18, 2015, 12:26:32 AM »
Ahh perfect. That would be why. I was doing all clipboard. So it already works the way I was wanting for the most part. Thanks!

Offline troflip

« Reply #283 on: July 18, 2015, 12:39:51 AM »
What app are you using to make your images? I'm using Photoshop (an old version though - CS2), and it looks like the bitmap format it places on the clipboard (for other apps to use) doesn't support alpha anyway, so I wouldn't be able to retain transparency.

The work flow I've been using has been to work with a 320x190 or 640x380 image in photoshop, and just save the layers individually as needed as png to import into SCI Companion.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 12:41:36 AM by troflip »

« Reply #284 on: July 18, 2015, 02:16:23 AM »
Hmmm I'm using PSP5. It also doesn't support alpha. PSP7 does, though. I should try that one. I have it as well.

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 24 queries.